Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Olive Garden Torture- July 18`

As most of you know, I have recent;y broken a small bone in my foot. As most of you also know, I am not very good as following orders, that includes the 'take it easy' orders from the doctor. My routine since May has been extremely active so having to take a step back has been tough. Good thing is it was just a small bone so all I really have to do is let it heal. I was given this hideous shoe to wear with a hard sole that keeps my foot from bending but I've discovered I am more comfortable without it.

 Monday I still did a normal session with Jamal at the gym and we left out normal 'mountain climbers' or step ups on the bench to keep my heart rate up. Still wrecked my upper body with barbell curls, pull ups, dips, flys, reverse fly, chest press, push ups etc. Core always! Yesterday I went my usual Tuesday yoga session. Talk about a release! My foot gave me little trouble so that was exactly what I needed. I am starting to get a little anxious about what to do today at the gym since my normal regular Wednesday routine is Body Combat(no contact mixed martial arts), and that doesn't really work well with a messed up foot. Might give Body Pump (barbell class) a shot since the only thing I really would have trouble doing is lunges. Sandra that is teaching tonight has the most energy I have ever seen an instructor have so I absolutely love taking her class! Doing anything without ENTHUSIASM won't get you very far, so it helps to take a class where the teacher keeps you pumped up! If you ever take a class and just weren't 'feeling it', remember that until you give it a shot 3 or 4 times you can't really make the call whether you loved it or hated it.

3 months ago, I would have said I was a healthy eater. Now that I have been logging my meals and doing my research on absolutely anything I put in my body...I was a liar 3 months ago. I was not eating healthy. Especially compared to now! Before, I loved going out to dinner. I don't have to cook? LOVE THAT IDEA! It wasn't until my recent 900 CALORIE salad that I came to understand how unhealthy eating out is. "Do you want to grab lunch?" Is no longer music to my ears. When my Dad asked where I would like to eat I started naming close places today, when I nervously said "Ollllive Garden?" he said "Great!"

Crap...what am I going to eat there? The salad dressing there is drenched in saturated fats and the breadsticks would really tempt me. As he snacked on his stuffed mushrooms appetizer and bread sticks I was having an argument with my subconscious. ( I blame Anastasia for these conversations with my subconscious but it can actually be quite entertaining). Apricot chicken is really not bad and it is a small portion. Small portions are the way to go!! Other than the bread stick practically calling my name, it wasn't hard to stay focused on something else with Nolan flirting with the table full on ladies next to us.

Funny thing, I had already eating twice by the time we went to lunch. This morning was my normal 2 egg omelet with cut up bell pepper pieces and onion pieces. Egg gets so boring so I spice it up however I can. Apple slices as a side, then about an hour and a half later I had some strawberries for a snack. Its only 3:00 and I'm about to have meal 4! You really have to keep your metabolism working.

Something I have learned recently, feeling hungry is a big NO NO! Not only are you likely to OVER eat at that point, but your metabolism slows down and your body "hangs on" to that meal a little longer that it should. Your body is a machine! So keep it running smoothly.

Usually my blogs will be at the end of the day so I can give a detailed meal plan and workout schedule so this is out of the "what will be" ordinary.

RANDOM TIP: Walk! Park a little farther away that you need to and get a little extra exercise. Keep that spot open for someone that is less able of walking the distance. Don't be lazy! Just think, some older person or mommy will be so happy to have that closer parking spot!


No comments:

Post a Comment